Sig 2400 vs the gunwerks G7 Rangefinder

Seems to me that by no other process than elimination, the G7 would be the obvious choice. Reliability to exposure of elements (hot/cold) should be one of the most basic criteria of any piece of outdoor kit. If it can't handle that, other performance criteria don't really matter.

Sig has been blaming it's customers for decades for their guns failing to lock open on the last shot. I suspect their rangefinders failing to perform because of so called temperature extremes will be the customers fault as well.

I defense of the team at Sig, Optics, an independent group, I will say that my interaction with them when I initially had some issues getting my unit sinced to my IPhone was outstanding. They were knowledgeable, responsive, and resolved my issue. While I prefer the G7 by arriving at the same conclusion that you have drawn, the advanced features of the Sig 2400 are very appealing and I hope they eventually resolve them. There is still an opportunity for the "Ultimate" Ballistic RF. SIG is one of the companies that's definitely on the right track.
IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts