G7 OR SIG 2400

horse killer

I am in the process of up grading my range finder I have a Leica 1600 b and was wondering what to up grade to a G7 or a Sig 2400. Any information would be appreciated. It will be used for mainly hunting and shooting rocks up to 1000 yards.

I have been researching a similar scenario. My solution is to sell my CONX rangefinder, not buy the kestrel - and purchase a Sig 2400AB rangefinder. I have had conversations with Applied Ballistics about my usage needs, etc...They did not steer me in any particular direction, but really helped me understand the Applied Ballistics software in each of the products I was considering, and how it would be used effectively in the field.
For me the bottom line is that the Sig 2400AB rangefinder is the most compact firing solution when coupled via Bluetooth to my phone. Sig includes the plug in anemometer for wind speed/direction ( where we shoot from...like that matters where the bullet will be targeted to impact:confused:...at least in the wind-switch showing lane environments I can shoot in....:D)
AND...the most important aspect to me: the laser portion of the Sig 2400AB is the most powerful/effective/fast resolving software of anything that includes firing solution out to and beyond the distance I can imagine shooting as of now. That will change of course. The very nature of competition in this is something we all benefit from - and suffer because of when we think that we are investing the "best". Best keeps getting better....quicker than I can accumulate the money to keep pace most of the time....:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.