Side Discharge Muzzle Brakes

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by TurboPachyderm, May 3, 2015.

1. TurboPachyderm

TurboPachyderm Member

I'm looking for side discharge muzzle brakes and having a hard time locating a few good options. This will be for a 700 Sendero 300 Win Mag. The reason for my side discharge brake choice is based on the desire for a few long range courses in my area that forbid any rear discharge brakes.

Anyone using a side discharge brake and thoughts/opinions of which models to consider?

2. Springville shooter

Springville shooter Well-Known Member

Check out the OPS. Ugly, but works great. I have them on Sendero 300 and 338 RUM's.---SS

3. dig

dig Well-Known Member

Ross Shueler, the work, no BS hype and the are cost effective.

4. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

So none of us misconstrue your query, but that you meant "ALL" (some have the 1st port at 90 degrees and the rest are slightly angled towards the shooter) of the side ports are at 90 degrees/perpendicular to the bore, right?

You have quite good ones out there to choose from. I have the JP Enterprise Beenie Cooley (JP - Tactical Compensators) on my .270 AI and 4 of my friends have them on their .300 Win Mags. I am a big fan of this MB and so as Jeff (BROZ), hopefully he'll chime in too.

[​IMG]

As noted above Ross Schuler's is a good choice, and so as Holland's QD, muscle brake, DE, etc ...

Good luck!

5. TurboPachyderm

TurboPachyderm Member

Correct, all ports must be side discharge. No rearward ports are allowed. 90 degrees perpendicular to the barrel only.

6. aroshtr

aroshtr Well-Known Member

I think a good option for your would be the CSR Blast Tamer or Mini Blast tamer brake. Jim See designed these with all ports at 90 degrees, and this should meet your requirements.