Side Discharge Muzzle Brakes

I'm looking for side discharge muzzle brakes and having a hard time locating a few good options. This will be for a 700 Sendero 300 Win Mag. The reason for my side discharge brake choice is based on the desire for a few long range courses in my area that forbid any rear discharge brakes.

Anyone using a side discharge brake and thoughts/opinions of which models to consider?

I'm looking for side discharge muzzle brakes and having a hard time locating a few good options. This will be for a 700 Sendero 300 Win Mag. The reason for my side discharge brake choice is based on the desire for a few long range courses in my area that forbid any rear discharge brakes.

Anyone using a side discharge brake and thoughts/opinions of which models to consider?

So none of us misconstrue your query, but that you meant "ALL" (some have the 1st port at 90 degrees and the rest are slightly angled towards the shooter) of the side ports are at 90 degrees/perpendicular to the bore, right?

You have quite good ones out there to choose from. I have the JP Enterprise Beenie Cooley (JP - Tactical Compensators) on my .270 AI and 4 of my friends have them on their .300 Win Mags. I am a big fan of this MB and so as Jeff (BROZ), hopefully he'll chime in too.

P3031682_zps3b03c556.jpg

As noted above Ross Schuler's is a good choice, and so as Holland's QD, muscle brake, DE, etc ...

Good luck!

I think a good option for your would be the CSR Blast Tamer or Mini Blast tamer brake. Jim See designed these with all ports at 90 degrees, and this should meet your requirements.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts