shoulder dimpling problem

chad44

I'm reloading .243 win and shooting a ruger mark II. When I FL resize the cases a lot of them get a dimple in the shoulder. I'm told this is because of using too much lube. I switched to one shot case lube and it seems like I'm hardly putting any lube on the case and it still is dimpleing. Am I maybe bumping the shoulder back too far or something? Its not dimpleing every case. I'm frustrated with this issue. oh I'm using redding dies and rock chucker press
thanks

Too much lube or a plugged vent hole on the FL dies is probubly your issue. Clean the dies out real good with a solvent and lightly oil it. Should be good to go.

Lube problem-----take some Brake Cleaner and hose the die out VERY Well. Spray some light oil in the die but not too much just enough to treat the bare metal. If used properly the One Shot works like a Rolex watch.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.