Should 6.5prc die out, how hard to form brass?

Bigeclipse

I'm still considering getting a 6.5prc. I'm curious as to how hard it would be to make brass should the cartridge ever die out in popularity. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

If your set on a set on it get enough brass to last the life of the barrel and dont worry about it. I definitely would get ADG instead of hornady if your gonna get one.

Good points. Is really that hard to form it though?
You can form just about any case as long as the base is correct and you have the proper forming dies.
I've made probably a 1,000 cases from straight wall 30 carbine into my 17 badger.

6.5 PRC brass will be around as long as we're still able to get brass and components for every other cartridge. It's gaining in popularity and Hornady doesn't let their stuff completely die out. Even the RCM rounds they developed for Ruger awhile back are nearly dead today, but you can still get brass for them.

I agree the 6.5PRC will be a long-term winner. When the .375 Ruger was first introduced I predicted it would become popular as a parent case. The Obummer years slowed that down because manufacturers couldn't keep up with demand for existing cases and cartridges.

Ruger screwed up with the .300RCM, making it a short case. Now we have the .300PRC which, I also predict, will be a long-term winner in the target arena with a lot of bleed-thru to the hunting market in spite of the 3.7" COL.

You can form 6.5 PRC brass from 375 Ruger cases. It's a very tedious process and gives you very thick brass though. You can also use 8x68s or 6.5x68s brass if your action will work with the slightly smaller rim diameter.

I'm still considering getting a 6.5prc. I'm curious as to how hard it would be to make brass should the cartridge ever die out in popularity. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Do it! Its not going anywhere - hornady won't let it. Because its their creation they will make ammo and brass for it, even if it loses popularity. Federal is going to start making ammo for it, inexpensive factory rifles will be available. This baby is just getting started.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.