Short Rant about Gov Stupidity

Small Lady

Government, and its employees are so clueless, they have no idea what they are doing.
Over the past 3 weeks, they have sent me the exact same letter 18 times.
How can they be so out of touch with reality, that this sort of thing happens.
I've kept them all, put them all back in their individual envelopes, taped them shut, and wrote "RETURN TO SENDER" on them. My next time driving past a mailbox will throw them in.
Imagine if a regular person ran their company like the government is run.

Government, and its employees are so clueless, they have no idea what they are doing.
I've kept them all, put them all back in their individual envelopes, taped them shut, and wrote "RETURN TO SENDER" on them. My next time driving past a mailbox will throw them in.

Interoffice mail can be an assbeating at times

I have no experience with the Canadian Gov. If it is anything like many of the US Gov employees, I'm not surprised. Many just don't care and and face no consequence for poor performance. We would be in a much better position if PFP (pay for performance) and consequences for poor performance was the approach for Government and business.

I have had reason to do battle with with Revenue Canada..IRS, to our American viewers, because we had our transport wing at arms length from the farm for tax purposes originally, but it evolved into a profitable stand alone transport company, who knew?

They tried to claim that our equipment purchases were actually, being used on the farm, and not for trucking at all .....anyone figure out where you can use 70 lengths of grade 70 transport chain and bear traps? Bling for cows...

Had 2 different sub departments on the phone at the same time asking about the same thing...and they didn't even know the other was asking...interesting conference call I turned that into. Thank you who ever decided to run multiple phone lines into the house.

Maybe they thought it would take 18 attempts to make sure that one arrived.

I have nothing but bad things to say about ALL "government". Anything the government gets involved in becomes inept, corrupt and insolvent. I have been trying to get an answer from the NC DENR for 3 months on who I need to speak with about erosion socks. I can't get an answer from anyone, I just keep getting sent on wild goose chases. And dealing with FERC over the Atlantic Coast Pipeline Cluster**** has been a huge PITA. They send me the same letters over and over demanding a reply in their "SASE" with no stamp.

OK happy thoughts.

Wishing every hardworking, tax paying person a safe, fruitful hunting season and Merry Christmas. For those fisherman out there, I wish us all tight lines. And for the outdoorsmen, great vistas and adventures.

You mean you didn't go to the particular office and drop it on the desk of the department's receptionist....darn thing beat me back home......I swear!

I wish this office wasn't a 10 hour drive away, or I would go in person.
But dang your story is funny 🤣

It's strange that we pay government a good salary to waste our money ain't it?
Of course it is easy to spend money when it's not actually yours.

I would be swiftly fired if I screwed up like the government does.

A few months ago it was 4 letters about my multiple sources of income, and why do I have so many. So I called and had a 90 minute discussion with an idiot, who just couldn't grasp even the simplest thing. I have a job, it's my main source of income, but I also do several other things to add income, its not hard.
Now they want me to get a car dealers license, which I don't want or need. The law is very clear, and I don't break it. I buy some used vehicles that have mechanical problems, I fix those things, and resell it. Law says I can sell up to 5 vehicles a year as an individual. The last couple years I have only sold 5 a year, so don't need a dealers license, yet they still want me to do so. The last vehicle I bought, repaired, and is ready to sell, I just parked it out behind the barn, and waiting for the new year to sell, because I've already sold my limit of 5 for 2023. I'm not going to start yet another business, just to flip a few vehicles.
But 18 letters in 3 weeks is excessive.
I already have to claim profits from renting my condo in Vancouver. My horse and rider training income is not much, i just do it on the side, and claim that income. I bought a semi truck and trailer, have a driver on it, and it is it's own company, and pays taxes. Flipping 5 vehicles a year as a person, I still have to pay tax on them when I buy them, pay a registration fee to transfer them to my name, and then when I sell them, the new owner has to pay sales tax on it, and another registration fee, so the government makes plenty of money on each vehicle already. I'm following the letter of the law, so they can go to he.....

Do you file your taxes yourself or have an agent do it? We had to job ours out to someone, who could deal with our situation, made some of the issues go away.

If you have remained a sole proprietorship, which is slightly different than my situation, find an agent who has experience with filing as such, because the government entities don't always listen until buried with paperwork.