"Short Range" handgun scope?

Yes. Took it out coyote hunting but never had an opportunity to pull the trigger. I take it to the range with me at least 2 times a month and shoot 5-6 rounds through it just to become more comfortable with the recoil. One thing I have learned is that a rock steady rest is very important. I plan on taking the Encore deer hunting in Texas after the holidays. Should not be a problem getting an opportunity for a deer or hog, maybe both. Using the BDC reticles and variable magnification settings makes this handgun scope combination quite versatile.
I have shot deer and hogs with my Ruger Super Redhawk 44 mag. that I scoped over 10 years ago with a Nikon fixed 2 power scope. That revolver shoots into a 4 in. circle at 100 yards almost every time.

Bart,
Good for you. It is always good to know another handgun hunter.
I don't have any TC products anymore, but shoot a lot of single-shot specialty pistols. Hunt some with a revolver, but primarily with SP's.

Hunting with different guns is always fun. I harvested my first deer with a slug gun last week too. That was a serious rush. 96 yards! A year ago I never would have considered such a shot but with T/C's Slug gun rifled shotgun barrel, Nikon's SlugHunter scope and Winchesters very accurate ammo I felt very comfortable taking the broadside shot. What a wallop this packs too. By the time I got back on the deer it was a done deal. Next stop, Blackpowder!

+1 for the Burris.

I have trashed several scopes and ended up placing a Burris on my 444 contender with 4
rings to hold it on and have never looked back.

Now all of my hard kicking pistols have Burris scopes on them.

The 444 contender would blow a scope in less than 10 shots (58 ft/lbs of recoil) and rings
would some times break in less than 10 shots.

I like the straight 4 power or the 2.5x7 variable .

I am a Leupold fan but on pistols I use the Burris scope because they are one tough scope.

J E CUSTOM

hardest thing I ever had under a scope was a .357 Herrett. That thing ate scopes faster than Leupold could build them! My .445 is also not easy on them
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.