Shooting without brake

Memth, for a bunch of us in the family, we just shoot better with a brake, and we don't even use the most effective brakes. The Gentry brakes take out at least 40% of the recoil, while the side discharge brakes take out 60% and more. The Gentry puts a lot of the concussion away from the shooter, again, they are NOT THE MOST effective in reducing recoil. I defer to Phil and Felix. The Tactical brakes I have are self-timing made by Ross, and they somewhat act as a tuner by how much they are screwed in or out. It is a strange feeling to see full-power 308 loads just vibrate the rifle with little rearward thrust.
The young nephews who are 8-10 years old, are shooting model 7s in 7/08 with the Gentry Brakes. The 10-year-old, killed three does this year. The 8-year-old bested his older brother with an 8-pointer while sitting in his daddy's lap, 160 lbs which was a moose in his mind! Recoil is so little, that he wants to shoot woodpeckers, squirrels, etc., and this gave his dad a chance to teach him some sportsmanship ethics.

Thanks Lefty! I will order it tomorrow!