Shooting prone in the sticky stuff

esshup

Considering that I've been succesful in the Wy Antelope draw, I'll probably be hunting them where there are sharp pointy things. Since I don't have a nice portable bench like Kirby does (and ****, that's a nice one!) I'll need a shooting mat to protect my sensitive skin.;)

Any and all suggestions on what to get, and where to get it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm a lifelong midwesterner and went antelope hunting for the first time last fall in Wyoming. Never wished I'd brought a shooting mat, but I sure wished I'd brought knee and elbow pads!

The wise-crack about a cup wouldn't be so funny if I hadn't tried to accidently breed a cactus last fall while taking photos of the buck I had just killed. I was so focused on getting a good photograph I failed to notice the cactus I was about to ...uh, er, mount. In case any of y'all are wondering yes it hurts about as bad as you'd imagine...and then some. Hope to never repeat that little "life-lesson".

Thanks for all the replies. The mat should be delivered on Monday along with a couple of other things ;), and I stopped at the local Lowes and picked up a set of elbow/knee pads.. They're the type that has hard plastic on the outside - the textrued stuff, not the smooth ones.

Thanks again!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.