Shooting bags

Bought an unfilled front and rear set and filled with super lightweight plastic beads. My mistake. They are so lightweight and the beads so slippery they don't allow me to hold the rifle very steady. Suggest you select a more stable filler if you buy unfilled bags.
I filled mine with aquarium gravel. Heavy as, so not suitable for field use but solid as hell shooting off a bench for load development, sighting in, etc.

Thanks everyone for replies. I went with the Caldwell tack driver. $45 filled and free shipping from amazon. The Dog Gone sounds really nice but I don't know if I want to be $150 or more into a bag. ($135 for bag and shipping plus whatever it costs for a filler). Looked at some of the other brands you guys posted as well. I think the tack driver will fit my needs as well. But FYI for you guys that have dog gone he is selling his company soon to someone else so maybe you'll want to call him and order another in case the new owner changes quality or design.

How does the rice hold up over time and use? I guess there is always the side benefit of having emergency food available in case your get lost in the wilderness😳
The problem with rice is that it absorbs moisture, which can cause it to swell and turn to mush, and being organic can be prone to mold.

I ended up using shot in mine I just bought, the bag is heavy but it makes a good rest off the bench. It was a pan filling the bag (even with the funnel made for that) but I do not regret using shot.

If it is this bag you ask of , I like it a lot, very stable
1645638930148.png