Shooting Apps why aren't they more accrete?

Overlooked data in ballistic calculators is sight scale vertical for scope tracking
Your scopes tracking error can be a big impact

I have performed this test a couple of times making sure my recital is line up perfectly only i do it by setting up a tall piece of cardboard at 100 yards and draw a line down the center vertically and put a dot on the bottom and then set the scope at 0 and shoot then i turn my scope up to 40 or 50 MOA and shoot again and make sure it is hitting the line exactly where my first shoot did. I use a level to get everything trued before I perform this.

Sorry if I missed this already posted but did you true your ballistics at the range ideally at transonic distance?

Don't trust apps either but once finely tuned. They are "more" reliable. Finely tuned equates to 100's of hours and shots but by then you've created your own dope chart so the App becomes irrelevant.

The best app I've used to date that works with the widest range of bullets is the Applied Ballistics AB Mobile app. In order to get acceptable results, you MUST have a sensor pack with you to read temperature and station pressure at a bare minimum. Obviously a very accurate LRF is also required.

Bottom line is if you can not get AB Mobile to line up with real world, then you aren't entering something correctly.

A great number of popular apps do not compute for aerodynamic jump, and as a result, I constantly run into their deficiencies when working with folks I mentor. People need to understand this is a critical variable, every bit as critical as spin drift... and this is especially true if you live in a windy area. Most of the recommendations for the trash apps that don't work, come from shooters that live in calm areas where a windy day is considered to be 8mph.

@RockyRandy, Delete every app off your phone, except AB Mobile. (unless you need the others to communicate with your devices) Then, learn AB Mobile completely. Once you can get a new profile in there that lines up with real world very easily every time, then you can maybe go play around with other apps if you want to.

If you'd like to schedule some time to come here and get shown how it all works, just give me a call.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I use Patagonia Ballistics ColdBore 1.0 ballistics program.

If I feed it good BC, MV, and environmental data, and calibrate my scope's vertical turret values, it's always dead nuts on. I use LabRadar to confirm both MV and bullet BC value from my rifles.

When I get bad dope from ColdBore 1.0, it's always my fault.

The best app I've used to date that works with the widest range of bullets is the Applied Ballistics AB Mobile app. In order to get acceptable results, you MUST have a sensor pack with you to read temperature and station pressure at a bare minimum. Obviously a very accurate LRF is also required.

Bottom line is if you can not get AB Mobile to line up with real world, then you aren't entering something correctly.

A great number of popular apps do not compute for aerodynamic jump, and as a result, I constantly run into their deficiencies when working with folks I mentor. People need to understand this is a critical variable, every bit as critical as spin drift... and this is especially true if you live in a windy area. Most of the recommendations for the trash apps that don't work, come from shooters that live in calm areas where a windy day is considered to be 8mph.

@RockyRandy, Delete every app off your phone, except AB Mobile. (unless you need the others to communicate with your devices) Then, learn AB Mobile completely. Once you can get a new profile in there that lines up with real world very easily every time, then you can maybe go play around with other apps if you want to.

If you'd like to schedule some time to come here and get shown how it all works, just give me a call.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Which sensor packs do you recommend?

Kestrel. Get one with ab, and solve this problem for good.
Thank you. I know of the Kestrel but use the one with 4DOF because I usually shoot Hornady. By sensor pack…I thought maybe it was additional devices that synced with the Kestral or phone app.

Tracking 1.050
VS default of
2 MOA at 1300 yards with a 270
Not seen as much at closer ranges but exaggerated at LongRange
Thank you James for your advise. After reading and learning about who and what Barbourcreek is and your experience has made me stop and pay attention as to what you say. I have been planning on coming out to Pennsylvania to Jamie Dodson Wolf Precision class but I'm a farmer and most of his classes are when I can't get away. But you in Alabama, that's a different story. I have been hit with a fire hose of info and by far the best way I learn is touch and feel and do. I think you will be seeing me in the near future.
Thanks again Randy
I also think about the same about dafanonyous. I can tell he has alot of wisdom he is sharing with me.

Shooting Apps why aren't they more accrete?

How come guys that complain about App Accuracy can't spell accurately?🎯 Couldn't resist
🤭

Been a ton of really good info on this thread. Was very useful to read through it.

Obviously a very accurate LRF is also required.
This is a very often overlooked part of it. Why do you see people carting Terrapins or SIG Kilos around at known distance matches? Because yardage matters and being off 10-15 yards is a big deal at long range. That also happens to be roughly speaking the SD of many common rangefinders past 600-800 yards.

Don't trust labelled known distance targets unless you've personally measured the distance. The 1000 yard line really being at 990 or 1010 will show up.

@orkan Which version of Applied Ballistics would you recommend the free version or the one that requires a purchase?

@orkan Which version of Applied Ballistics would you recommend the free version or the one that requires a purchase?
When I downloaded it there was only one calculator and it required a purchase, the other was some connect thing for range finders or something. Not what you are looking for.

That being said I still prefer my Strelok the interface is just easier to use but I am trying to get on board with the AB. The only time I've had issues with Strelok being off is a bad input. It's successfully gotten me hits at 2100m