Shootin Beavers

Pics? Lol
258E14E0-7160-46E8-B38A-C17AD780B1D3.jpeg

It's your lucky day whisper, I swam out into the pond to get it for you.
4A9A480C-E514-47C9-B1CB-8C6DC9BB886C.jpeg

Fill a 3-4' plastic pipe with tannerite, seal the ends, jam it into the dam until just the top shows and shoot it to blow ****.

Beavers are active in the evening. Just take any rifle be quiet and wait outside their house or near the **** and when they're swimming pop them in the head.

I use a 22-250 for beaver hunting.

No need to shoot them the department of fish and game in your area should be able to live trap them, when I worked for them I helped trap nuisance beavers, buy breaking out the dam, part of it and setting a live baily trap there ! Check with them first ! They make great water foul and fish habitat, when in the right places !

I took the whole thing to my taxi who froze the meat for me, unfortunately the second one dove immediately and I couldn't get it.

Hopefully I can get the meat in a crock pot with some potatoes and carrots and such soon. I'm excited to add the pelt to the wall.

If I get more opportunities I'll learn to skin it around the castors myself, but with only one I didn't want to ruin anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to shoot them the department of fish and game in your area should be able to live trap them, when I worked for them I helped trap nuisance beavers, buy breaking out the dam, part of it and setting a live baily trap there ! Check with them first ! They make great water foul and fish habitat, when in the right places !

full-20866-2242-53302307_2419725761419101_2099681765802115072_n.jpg

A tree stand, for elevation to reduce ricochets, and the already proven sniper rifle, right at last light will do everything that needs done.

Ill simply say the old adage that a number of old ADD trappers have said to me. Make sure you get the last one!

One beaver remaining after the initial carnage will make things interesting. They learn quick.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.