Ship my guns . Com issues

cohunt

Anyone use this service yet? It's kinda a pain in the behind trying to get an ffl dealer added to ship to.

You not only have to send a copy of the ffl, then buds gun shop adds it to their web page, then several days later "ship my guns" finally adds it to their web page--- THEN the ffl has to contact buds to confirm that they will accept a shipment from an individual before you can print a shipping label.

It took me several weeks to get the process done for 1 dealer, then once I knew the process it has taken me just over a week to get a 2nd one done.

The only other option is to use a local ffl dealer to ship, and that costs about 2x what "ship my guns" charges

Hopefully the actual shipment goes well-- will find out soon enough

Will be adding a tracking tag in the boxes to see where they end up and along the way

Can't ship pistols via usps (unless you have an ffl)--- and my post office has huge " no guns on federal property" signs all over the front doors--- I'm not in the mood for a fight

How much does the post office charge to ship a long gun?

And to boot-- you must drop off at a ups hub/customer center --- only 1 local to me is only open m-f 12-3:45---- wth??? Only open for 3 3/4 hours ? Wow
Worse. UPS is closing a lot of the hubs across the country as "a cost saving" measure. They closed my local one and the next closest is 3 hours away 🙄

Can't ship pistols via usps (unless you have an ffl)--- and my post office has huge " no guns on federal property" signs all over the front doors--- I'm not in the mood for a fight

How much does the post office charge to ship a long gun?
It wasnt much but then I shipped to myself in another state. Told them it was a shotgun so keep an eye on it. Would hate the BATFE to come snooping around it anything happened to it. ;)

I've used them 4 time now. No issues ever. Their shipping is only through UPS now and it has to be dropped off at the hub. My Apple Air Tag always goes along for the ride.

If their website was more clear it would be a smoother transaction.....had I known about the ffl info and having them confirm they will take delivery-- we could have gotten that part started earlier.

The ups hub hours aren't ship my guns problem-- but it could becone a problem very soon if there are few and far between hubs to ship from with such limited hours--- this maybecone an ffl to ffl transaction exclusively (which of course will raise the costs)

And to boot-- you must drop off at a ups hub/customer center --- only 1 local to me is only open m-f 12-3:45---- wth??? Only open for 3 3/4 hours ? Wow

That was always their rule. You had to drop off at a Hub or schedule a pickup. You couldn't use a UPS Store or other drop off points/merchants even before they made up more restrictive rules. I feel you though, my local hub used to be only open for an hour. They have expanded their hours to 2 hours a day. LOL.

As for using SMG. I have twice and it went very smoothly both times.

Well , finally got my shipments on the way-- the ups hub told me that ALL boxes must be open for inspection-- so they opened the boxes to see there was a firearm inside then re- sealed. that took 45 min-- then tried to deny the pistol shipment but I had 2 printed letters from "ship my guns" with the ups rules on them and the senior acount reps name and phone number.
After they saw that I had the acount reps name and number they changed their tune and gladly accepted the boxes--- BUT told me in the future all long guns must be non-desriptly packaged in a cardboard box (mine was in a hard plastic Plano type box)--- they told me they were going to inform the account rep that all future shipments must be in plain brown cardboard boxes

The whole thing took about an hour to complete

Recent Posts