Shiny New 338 Lapua Brass, Now What?

BOSS HOSS,

When I try to send a private message, either the link to send a PM is not active or I get a message from 'My Home' that says private messages are disabled. I am logged in, so I am not sure what is going on. Anyone know how to fix this? I'll try it again later.

fishry,

Sounds like you have the sizing idea down, which is just to run the brass through each of the two sizers (body and neck) that you have.

As far as what kind of neck GAP's reamer has, I have no idea. George or one of his 338 customers should be able to tell you.

If you seat a primer without using the Sinclair primer pocket tool, how deep is it compared with the case head? If it is already seated a bit below the case head, I would be slightly wary about removing too much more material from the pockets, although I don't know of any particular harm that it would do. Is Sinclair's tool adjustable? If not then its depth is probably carefully set by Sinclair for large rifle primers and it would be hard to hurt brass by cutting too deep with it. Those are two sides to the argument as I see it, sorry I can't give you anything more absolute.

Have fun and good shooting,
Carl

Hmmm--the system will not let me PM you either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Go to Benchrest Central and PM me from there--I am Boss Hoss 540.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.