Sheep hunting Boot recommendations

I have a pair of Kenetrek boots that are 12 yrs old. They listed for $355 back then. They have been abused in CO, WY, and NM chasing elk, mulies, and antelope. Great ankle support and very comfortable. They barely show wear and have gone across many miles of mountainsides with sharp rocks. I know there are other great boots out there but when I replace these, they will be with another pair of Kenetreks.

hi guys, I am looking for some recommendations for a quality pair of boots for my sheep hunt in the brooks range. I know boot fit is subjective but figured I would ask to see if I could find a good brand to start with at least , thanks!
Lathrop and Sons, custom boots and insoles…they specialize in what you are looking for.

Lathrop and Sons, custom boots and insoles…they specialize in what you are looking for.
So talked with lanthrop and sons for about an hour today ! Super nice people , seems like they run a good shop , also found out that the father is a pediatrist(foot doctor) , they spelled out the whole process of making a custom boot for me and the costs associated . Overall I don't think it's a bad price if they really are all that they say they are , I will know soon enough as I'm ordering the fitting kit tonight to do my impressions and traces ! Fingers crossed hopefully they will be awesome !
P.S. he also pointed out that I might not necessarily get Lanthrop branded boots , after reviewing my impressions and traces they will make a determination on the best brand/fitting boot specific for my foot and then modify that specific boot if need be to fit me perfectly ! Thanks for all the help and pointers guys !! I'm going with lanthrop for now !

So talked with lanthrop and sons for about an hour today ! Super nice people , seems like they run a good shop , also found out that the father is a pediatrist(foot doctor) , they spelled out the whole process of making a custom boot for me and the costs associated . Overall I don't think it's a bad price if they really are all that they say they are , I will know soon enough as I'm ordering the fitting kit tonight to do my impressions and traces ! Fingers crossed hopefully they will be awesome !
P.S. he also pointed out that I might not necessarily get Lanthrop branded boots , after reviewing my impressions and traces they will make a determination on the best brand/fitting boot specific for my foot and then modify that specific boot if need be to fit me perfectly ! Thanks for all the help and pointers guys !! I'm going with lanthrop for now !
🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

Lathrop & Sons, or BUST! 😁

I have the Kennetrek Extremes. Amazing boots. For me, they are great at everything except one category…."side hilling". They were terrible, simply not a stiff enough but to aggressively side hill in. Beyond that they are one of my favorite boots. I have also ran Meindls and Zamberlans but not as an intended sheep hunt boot but rather more lower, less steep terrain. Also excellent boots.

I e been super curious about the lathrop boots! If that's the boot they put you in please give a review, or review for any boot they recommend. I have an 8 yr old pair of kenetrek hard scrabbles that need resoled. Has anyone on here gone through that process? They tore my feet up for two years but once broke in they were great. Have never had a leak with them.
Started on a pair of scarpa charmoz last year. They broke in awesome and quickly gained confidence in them in sheep country. Went to Alaska to help on a caribou hunt and on day 2 of a 10 day hunt they leaked like a screen door on a sub marine. Scarpa replaced them with a new pair. Broke them in and on a coues hunt in AZ while walking through wet grass they leaked again. Scarpa said they will replace them again with another set of charmoz or I can try another model.
Also my wife wore hanwag Alaskans for her bighorn hunt and loved them