Sharpie marker removal

newmexkid

This is not gun-related but, helpful. Many times I mark hard smooth surfaces with my Sharpie. Later I have to change what I wrote and things get messy. The ever-knowing Internet showed me something today. When wishing to remove permanent marker writing...Simply go over the original writing with the Sharpie again, and quickly, (before it dries) wipe the writing off with a rag or paper towel. Bingo! You end up with a clean surface. I spent a good 1/2 hour this morning removing old writing from plastic ammo boxes. Now I can write on them again. LOL.

Best Sharpie remover in the world is Hoppes 9 . It will even take it off of the rough surface of plastic ammo boxes like MTM and will not discolour what you use it on.

1708625828011.png

Best Sharpie remover in the world is Hoppes 9 . It will even take it off of the rough surface of plastic ammo boxes like MTM and will not discolour what you use it on.

View attachment 546310
YES this does Work, I found out one day wiping one of my guns down that I have been working on, used a rag off my bench that had Hoppe on it, had measurement sharpie marks all over it for work I was going to do. And most of the markings were gone.🤔😥

This is not gun-related but, helpful. Many times I mark hard smooth surfaces with my Sharpie. Later I have to change what I wrote and things get messy. The ever-knowing Internet showed me something today. When wishing to remove permanent marker writing...Simply go over the original writing with the Sharpie again, and quickly, (before it dries) wipe the writing off with a rag or paper towel. Bingo! You end up with a clean surface. I spent a good 1/2 hour this morning removing old writing from plastic ammo boxes. Now I can write on them again. LOL.
LOL! I use labels to avoid this kind of mess.

Recent Posts