Setting Redding Series A bullet seater help

mobenzowner

Hi folks, just got in a used redding series A 2 die set for my 6.5 creed. There are not instructions with it. I have googled and been to Redding's website I cant find any set up instructions. I set them to test as I do my rcbs dies and it crushes down the shoulders. I know that means they are screwed in to deep. Can anybody give me a link or tell me the official set up for these? Talking about the bullet seater die.

Thanks in advance!
Kevin

What I did was raise ram and screw seater die in till it touched the shellholder. I then lowered the ram and gave about another 1/4" turn down. Obviously not the correct procedure.

put a sized brass in the press and raise it completely to the top . screw the die down until it touches the brass . back the die off 1 full turn , and set the lock ring . raise only the bullet seater stem a lot . now place a bullet on the brass and raise it up completely into the die . now screw the seater stem down until it contacts the bullet . keep adjusting the seater stem until you get the bullet seated to your depth .

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.