Seekins ph2 opinions

TylerP

Thinking about about getting a Seekins Havak in 7mm. Just looking for pros/cons or reviews from people who have had experience with the Seekins Havak ph2.

Last edited:
Have one in 300 WM and I think it has excellent balance. The palm swell feels a little chunky at first handling, but after shooting it I think you'll find it's very comfortable. The bolt will be slightly stiff and take some breaking in before they start to smooth out. Although they're pricey, the spare mags are high quality and carbon fiber, and allow for up to 3.9" if you want to load long bullets. I love the spiral fluted barrel and that it comes threaded.

I settled on 168 Barnes TTSX behind 77.5 gr of H4831SC and that's pretty consistently a .5 MOA group. Even the "bad" groups during my load development were about .75 MOA.

Do It Nike GIF by James Bond 007

Best rifle available for the money. Shoots lights out.

I've got the ph2 element, 178 rounds through it at this point so it's broken in well. My initial thought when I picked it up from my ffl was it was insanely light, to light. Once I mounted the scope, level and such, it felt better. Honestly, I didn't like it, I've always used traditional style stocks and steel, this thing looked like a space gun, that was back in March, after working on load development all summer I can honestly say this thing rocks. I've got two loads at this point that don't just group, the rifle is capable of putting them into a ragged hole. The action has smoothed out , it just feels so good holding it. This was my experience

I have a 7mag and a 6 creedmoor I have been doing load work on for friends. I dont use factory rifles myself, all custom, but both of these are good shooters, and one of the only factory rifles that I could live with without having to do any work to it. I think they are one of the best "bang for the buck" shelve guns out there for the price.

I have a PH2 in 300 prc. It didn't like 225's but shoots 208's into one ragged hole. I absolutely love the rifle. Unless you go full custom, it is the best bang for the buck out there. I have a CA Ridgeline and the PH2 is much better, in my opinion.
I've been wanting a ph2 for awhile but a new but it just hasn't been in the cards. I also have a CA Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC that I upgraded the stock on. I might sell my ridgeline & get a ph2. Just gotta decide on 6.5 prc or 7 mm rem mag,

There is a 100 of these threads. Read through the previous ones. You are not going to find another out the box rifle for that price that comes with a high quality stock. They are great rifles. I really wanted to buy a Ridgeline when I bought my ph1, 5 seconds with a Ridgeline in my hands made the ph1 an easy decision which was a McMillan at the time.

There is a 100 of these threads. Read through the previous ones. You are not going to find another out the box rifle for that price that comes with a high quality stock. They are great rifles. I really wanted to buy a Ridgeline when I bought my ph1, 5 seconds with a Ridgeline in my hands made the ph1 an easy decision which was a McMillan at the time.
I live about 45 mins from AG composites so I drove over got a tour & ordered their alpine hunter.