Seekins PH2 vs Element

tknuts103

I have had the ph2 since last October and I love that rifle more than anything in the world but I wanted a shorter barrel so picked up the Element as well. Has anyone shot these two side by side yet? Which do you prefer? Both of mine are chambered in 300 win mag and if it weren't for the length, I probably wouldn't be able to tell them apart. Even when I hold them side by side, I don't notice the weight difference. My ph2 has maybe 80 rounds through it and it shoots like a dream. The recoil is next to nothing with my recoil hawg on it (probably less than my 25-06) so I could shoot it all day if I wanted to. I could only get my hands on Norma whitetail ammo at Scheels for 24 dollars and even that stuff was shooting sub-moa every time. My plan is to shoot the Element and if it is even close to as accurate as the ph2, sell the ph2. Just curious which one you guys prefer and why. Hopefully I know by next weekend which one I'm keeping.

Attachments

• 20230212_203401.jpg
    20230212_203401.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 462
  • 5075.jpg
    5075.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
No to all of the above but I do have an element on order with europtic, the reason I chose it over the ph2, barrel length and weight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that somehow I don't get the lemon , all you Seekins guys raves about their guns just made me go out and get one

No to all of the above but I do have an element on order with europtic, the reason I chose it over the ph2, barrel length and weight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that somehow I don't get the lemon , all you Seekins guys raves about their guns just made me go out and get one
I'm debating just selling the ph2 and hoping I didn't get a lemon element too. Although it might be nice to at least keep the ph2 until I shoot the Element just incase it doesn't shoot as good. At least I know the ph2 is an awesome shooter.

Only problem with that is I have already decided I want a shorter barrel no matter what. So my options are use the Element or ship the ph2 back to seekins for a 22 inch barrel. I will let you know.

I've had two ph2's and really want an element for the shorter barrel. I think if I still had a ph2 I would look at buying a barrel and getting someone to chamber and install it. I think it would be cheaper. Maybe not as light but close.

I thought there was quite a bit more recoil with the Element but maybe it's all in my head. I would say pretty similar groups. I wish I could get the weight of the ph2, or maybe even slightly more, with the barrel length of the Element. Recoil still isn't anything crazy but I was surprised a little over a pound made that big a difference.