Seekins Havak Pro Hunter

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Orange Dust, May 15, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. rfurman24

rfurman24 Well-Known Member

I guess I missed another edge/fury difference. Some fury cartridge are limited to 24” vice 26”. The Mesa has that same issue. I can’t really say what I rifle is worth to you. For me it would be decided by the intent of said rifle. If it were my main rifle I’d go fury. Backup? Mesa.

2. Warrior74

Warrior74 New Member

Browning got a nice looking nosler 28 new for 2019 check em out not too expensive

3. clark33

clark33 Well-Known Member

I just picked up a Havak PH1 in 6 Creedmoor and it shot a .4” five shot group with Hornady match ammo, averaged 2940fps. They’re pretty sweet rifles

4. 300whisper

300whisper Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

I know this might not be your cup of tea but they can be found for about $900.

Remington 700 5R - HS stock, threaded, fluted barrel, ceracoat, can be had in 6.5, .308, and .300 win mag.

Edit: Saw Nosler round.

Have you looked at Nosler rifles?

5. Ga6570

Ga6570 Active Member

I second the suggestion to check out the browning x-bolt lineup. There are a number of configurations and options of rifles available and the price point is very good on the normal length barrel options... they are shooters as well.

6. FIGJAM

FIGJAM Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

The Bergara Premier Series is worth a look. I have the approach, but they have a few different premier models. Mine is a 6mm creed I bought for coyote hunting, but man is it a smooth gun that shoots great.

73driver likes this.
  7. sendero72

sendero72 Well-Known Member

I've been shooting the bean fields in SC for decades and the 7 mag really fits the bill nicely. My last barrel was a Hart and I got 1544 rds before the burnout. Dead on the money out to 1100 yds with the 162 gr Amax. From what I've read, the 28 Nosler is a barrel burner. I've just rechambered to the 7x300 for a little more distance. Good luck.

jjmp likes this.
  8. drtony

drtony Well-Known Member

I have a Seekins PH1 in 6.5 CM and it's an excellent rifle. The action on mine is smooth and the fit/ finish and feel of the rifle is really nice. Rifle is a tack driver.

I liked it so much I got a Havak Bravo in 6.5 PRC as well. I have held, but never fired a Fierce Edge and I like the feel of the seekins more.

Attached Files:

9. clownbuster

clownbuster Well-Known Member

Orange Dust, I believe Brianc74 on here has one of these either in his hands, or just about to. You may want to reach out to him to see what he thinks of his.

10. Orange Dust

Orange Dust Well-Known Member

I already have a 7WSM and a 7Wby. Had a custom STW and sold it when brass dried up. 28N is just a shorter, fatter STW. Don't care about barrel life. Load development and hunting for me and I am old. Don't NEED a rifle. Just want to get 2 alike and develop loads together with him. More about doing something together than needing a rifle.

11. FIGJAM

FIGJAM Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

I wish my father in law was more like you...he never wanted anything to do with me:D

12. johngibbs222

johngibbs222 Active Member

Looking outside the box.....

adam32 likes this.
  13. NeedForSpeed

NeedForSpeed Well-Known Member

I bought a Seekins in 6.5 creedmoor
    Its a fine rifle and I wouldnt hesitate to buy another
    Try Guns Midwest They had the best price I could find
    28 Nosler is an unusual round Are you rolling your own?