seekins DBM for 338 Edge

dman115

Hey guys, I'm having a 338 edge built on a 700 action and would really like to go with a detachable mag setup. From what I've read I need the seekins setup to seat the bullets longer. But I cant find much evidence on their site or much confirmation of how long I will actually be able to seat them. If someone has this setup and can give some input that would be great.

The system i have of thiers im not sure they still make but the mag internal length is 3.940 which is long.

Does H.S Precision give you the length that you need.I havnt tried it on the Edge but I do like their bottom metal on some of the shorter calibers.I personally didn't have good luck with Seekins bottom metal or their magazines. Magazine rattled around and the feed lips would bend and kick loaded rounds out. That was in a 6.5-300 wsm. That was about 3 years ago mabey things have been improved upon since then

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.