DBM and the Stiller TAC 338

mmayberry

I am working with a Stiller TAC 338 action to build a 338 Norma and am having a hard time verifying what DBM would work the best for this combination.

Any helpfull comments would be great.

Thanks

Matt

Not sure if this will help ,,,contact kevin cramer @ montour county rifles ..he uses still actions and is a sponcer on this site..he is a great gie to talk to and deal with.

The Stiller TAC 338 is designed for a HS Detachable Magazine, or a Weatherby Detachable Magazine set up. You can use a BDL set up, but you have to use a center-feed magazine box like the Wyatt CFE-9. Good Luck.

mmayberry,
There might have to be a slight bit of machine work to fit the Wyatt CFE-9 magazine box, because of its extra length. Give Kevin Cram, at MCR, a call. He built my rifle for me and changed out my HS set up, for the BDL/CFE-9 magazine on a Stiller TAC 338 action. He also did one on a Borden action for a friend of mine. I really like the HS Detachable Magazine set up (I have several) but the mag is too short for the long magnums. The magazine is the same length in an Ultra Mag / Lapua set up, as a regular long action. Good Luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.