Scope Setup

Herringbone

I have a Vortex HST setting on what I think is a 20 moa base. I'm zeroed at 100 yds and I only have 8.5 mil adjustment left before my turret tops out. In other words from zero I can go down way more than I can come up. This 8.5 mil gets me a little less than an 800 yrd shot. What would be the best fix to get more distance out of my scope? Thanks in advance.

Step 1: ensure your 20 MOA base is installed in the correct orientation if it is backwards well, there's your problem right there.

If it's a 20 Moa base, and is oriented the right way, and you still only have that much elevation left, then it needs bedded...

get a set of Burris signature Z rings with +10 and -10 inserts that will also help

I have a Vortex HST setting on what I think is a 20 moa base. I'm zeroed at 100 yds and I only have 8.5 mil adjustment left before my turret tops out. In other words from zero I can go down way more than I can come up. This 8.5 mil gets me a little less than an 800 yrd shot. What would be the best fix to get more distance out of my scope? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

I don't want to assume anything but you might want to double check how the zero stop is set-up too ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/O93LjGzTfIs?t=17[/ame]

Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts