Scope needed on a budget - pls help

jimbob007

Hi guys,
I'm new to the site and also want to get into long range shooting and hunting.

Just bought a Sako A7 Roughtech Range in 300 wsm and need to get a scope. I'm from South Africa and as thing will have it our currency is at a all time low against the USD so any and all imported products have become almost out of reach of most shooters. Thus my dilemma, I would like to fit the best possible scope to that gun that falls within a $1500 bracket - MAX

I've been doing some research but almost all leads to scopes that is at least a thousand $ more expensive. Here is a list of scopes within that price range with high ratings on opticsplanet - Rifle Scopes 1,800+ | Up to 53% Off Riflescopes

My only preferences would be FFP and Mils

Thank you in advance.

WOW did not think I will not get ANY help.

I think I will go with the Vortex PST 6 - 24 x 50 - its a old scope but still gets good reviews.
Maybe a yes or a no?

WOW did not think I will not get ANY help.

I think I will go with the Vortex PST 6 - 24 x 50 - its a old scope but still gets good reviews.
Maybe a yes or a no?

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

I know many end-users that are very happy with the Vortex. Most of my scopes are SFPs except for my last two; Burris Veracity 4-20x50 FFP (MOA, the XTRIIs are in MILS) for <$630 shipped and SWFA 5-20x50 HD FFP (MIL) for $1000 shipped.

The Veracity is on my .270 Ai and the SWFA is on my .300 WSM. I have to admit I'm very pleased with them and having fun transitioning from SFP to FFP.

Also, you can do a custom query for "FFP scopes" on the top right corner of this site.

Cheers!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.