Scope my Seekins Havak Element

Not sure I like the new MOAR-cf2 reticle? It seems much busier than the MOAR.
Having used both the MOAR reticle which is my favorite reticle & the new MOAR-CF2,
I'm liking the CF2 as well. The floating dot works well & the reticle is not too busy in field use. It's also nice that just the dots are illuminated with that feature turned on.
I find the dots to be pretty quick for my eyes to naturally center up on target.
Not sure which one I like MOAR at this point. Time will tell.

What about the Nightforce 2.5-10x42?

The NXS 2.5-10x42 is a Nice option on the Element. I had one on mine to start with,
mounted in Seekins .82 low rings.
It's a tough little scope with good features, & ok glass.
I wanted a bit more Power on the top end,
50mm objective, & Better glass.
NX8 fit my requirements & worth the oz's.

Very happy with my Havak Element and Vortex LHT combo. Awesome package.
Is there anything out there that has a reticile similar to the huskemaw I'm also in need of a scope for a 22 creedmoor I have nightforce leoupold vortex huskemaw like the huskemaw reticle the best stick to o buying from cabelas because 750 worth of points to throw with some cash appreciate some ideas. David

Look at the Trijicon Credo and Tenmile lines. I have a 2.5-15x42 Credo with the Moa Center dot reticle and it provides about as clear of a field of view as possible with 1 moa hashes 30 Moa left, right, and down, and only 10 up. .25moa floating center dot. SFP, 23oz, 110 MOA Elevation(measured, 100 Listed), Capped windage, exposed elevation, zero stop, nice solid clicks.
Really like my Zeiss V4s too but not many people are aware of the Trijicons.

I can't verify that my picks will have the adjustment range to get u to 1000yds, but I can for optical quality and durability. I've been a glass nut for a long time and have tried out more scopes than I can remember.
What I do when I'm shopping for a new scope is look for one on my short list that's available as a demo, display, or flat out used. It allows me to afford the alpha glass that I really can't afford. My last one was a shot show demo and I saved $800.
Swarovski, Leica, and Schmidt & Bender are the 3 that I'll buy without reservation.
As a matter of fact there is a Leica Magnus 2.4-16x50 for sale on this site's classifieds and the seller is giving it away....I think it was lowered to $1350 the last time I looked. Simple duplex with a rock solid exposed yardage turret. That Leica will outperform almost any other in overall optical quality and will be better than any I've tried reducing glare and shooting into the sun.
I'm shooting a Swaro Z8i and the Magnus is just as good for my eyes.
My overall fav is the S&B Exos, which I can think of one place that's selling two as demos right now....the demo price would get u close to your budget but not all the way. For me, the 3-21x50 Exos has the build quality of a NF with the optical performance of a Z8i or Zeiss Victory, and is more user friendly than all of them. Besides the price it's also a bit heavy....31-32oz.
If an illum reticle is not a must, like it is for me, that Magnus is the best glass for the best price I've seen in a long time.
Good luck.

My criteria:
Second focal plane
Elevation dial.
weight: hopefully well under 30 ounces
Absolute RTZ and repeatability
Enough "up" to get to 1000 yards
Reticle: I like the MOAR but nothing anymore cluttered than that
Power: from in your face shots to 1000 yards
Here is mine NX8 4-32 FFP (get it for you in SFP) low Seekins rings.

Attachments

• Seekins-Grayboe1.jpg
    Seekins-Grayboe1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 360
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.