Scope mid range price?

gj

Another thread here got me to thinking ,,, just what is a mid range price for Scopes ?

Scopes run from $50.00 to $4,000.00 so just what is mid range ?

To me i am a cheap bastard and mid range to me would be $250.00 - $350.00

So what is mid range to you?

I think you have to look at each brand to figure out what is mid range, you cannot compare a cheap Center point scope cost to a Nightforce ATCAR scope when wondering what is mid range. At least that is how I look at it. gun)

Based on your price range, I see $1,500 - $2,500 as mid range. But more realistically it seems more like $700 - $1,500. Today's price options are certainly broad. Spending more absolutely does not mean you get better products in both glass and performance.

$100-200 is really cheap. Scopes for .22s and airguns. Mid range is $300-450. For the AR-15s, other fun guns or field grade hunting guns. A higher end scope is $700 plus. This is for LR guns where the clarity and tracking has to be better quality. You can get some really great glass for $800-900. The very top of my scope budget is usually $1k. I have no practical use for a scope that cost more than this.

But I have binos and spotters that come in from $1,500 to $2,500. When hunting you can spend the entire hunt, sometimes a week looking through these, and a few moments at most looking through the rifle scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.