Scope Ideas

steviebby

Currently setting up a rifle to shoot deer out to 900yards
It's a Tikka 270wsm 1:8 twist 30"carbon barrel
My question is what scope would you recommend for the task would like a night force but at this stage there probably abit out of the budget for this rig , would like to hear some options

Currently setting up a rifle to shoot deer out to 900yards
It's a Tikka 270wsm 1:8 twist 30"carbon barrel
My question is what scope would you recommend for the task would like a night force but at this stage there probably abit out of the budget for this rig , would like to hear some options
Your budget plays a significant role in your decision-making and should be the first you must establish. I see you are in Australia, and I do not know what is readily available for you locally or if there are any import restrictions. If you are going local, you might want to share what you have in mind, and if you are going online, you might want to check an authorized importer. Good luck!

The Kahles 624i is a great premium scope for less of a premium price than a NF (assuming you mean ATACR). Its also priced better than the current era K525i. I have a 1-8x ATACR, and while I think that individual scope is decent and has a good reticle for an LPVO, I would never buy any of the other variations. Things like the rotating eye piece which changes the magnification as well as reticle focus (if worked loose) while also preventing you from using flip up caps is a glaring and aggravating design flaw IMHO. I much prefer my Kahles, and like that I can get the windage knob on the left hand side so I can reach forward and adjust both it and the parallax with my support hand.

As mentioned above, price and availability in Australia will play a big role.

The criteria I would prefer would be something with at least 18x ffp have to have accurate dialling turrets 50x objective at least
, like the idea of a 34mm tube , was suggested to get a element nexus but was also told they would be bringing out a new model soon so I held off to see what that was hoping for a 34mm offering ,
Thought about a vortex strike eagle as well, I've never really dropped money on a scope in this price bracket as all my other scopes are Swarovski and I've been abit fearful of being let down and being stuck with a worthless scope I don't like , I'm just not in the position atm to spend 6k on this one as I've just spent 10k on thermal gear for shooting Roos and until the money comes back in I have to be abit careful, a lot of people I have seen seem to think you can get by rather comfortably with the 2 to 2 1/2 k price range type scope I'd just like to see what people would recommend, it will be my first dialling type scope I just want to have abit of fun with practice on the range and tipping over afew deer at distance, we have plenty of them and can shoot as many as we desire so it will get used abit

Do you have access to Trijicon scopes in Australia? Their Tenmile HX would fit the bill nicely, except that it is a 30mm tube. They are reliable dialers and the glass is good.

The vortex LHT 4.5-22 is worth looking at. It's available in the US for around $1200 so hopefully it won't be too pricey in your part of the world.

Keep an Eye on Redhawk Rifles demo scopes, Nightforce, zeiss, huskemaw, leica, I picked up a zeiss v4 which I've shot out to 1600