Scope for my new 25-06

YOSEPPY

I'm in the process of getting a new sendero 25-06 and I'm in need of new glass. That being said I really like vortex an would like to stick with vortex. I'm stuck between the hs-t and the viper pst. What do you guys think?

Vortex makes a great scope. The turrets are perfect and they have awesome reticles. The glass is not as good as it could be, but it's pretty good. I have put together a number of 5Rs/Senderos and I think the Vortex PST is a great match for these guns.

I'm in the process of getting a new sendero 25-06 and I'm in need of new glass. That being said I really like vortex an would like to stick with vortex. I'm stuck between the hs-t and the viper pst. What do you guys think?

Sent you a PM.

Check out Sightron S3LR with the MOA Rrticle . I own 2 of them there pretty darn nice . My buddy has a Vioer HST and PST and he agrees that the Sightron glass is better . Especially at 24 power the Sightron has a lot better eye relief . BTW that Senero probably won't shoot . If you want I could take it off your hands

Check out Sightron S3LR with the MOA Rrticle . I own 2 of them there pretty darn nice . My buddy has a Vioer HST and PST and he agrees that the Sightron glass is better . Especially at 24 power the Sightron has a lot better eye relief . BTW that Senero probably won't shoot . If you want I could take it off your hands

Hahaha I'll be sure to remember that! I've wanted one of these since I started hunting. In fact I shot my first elk with the first gen sendero in 25-06 an have been hooked ever since.

I also have to say go with a Sightron SIII. I like my SIII much better than my Vortex PST. The Vortex has been good to me; but as stated the glass is better on the Sightron.

What makes you like the sightron better?

As I'm retired I have time so...I have compared both scopes at most all times of daylight. Quite frankly, I was less than impressed with the Sightron at first. I finally got it strapped to an old rifle stock and was able to get a good sight picture and adjust the parallax properly. To my eyes I feel the Sightron offers a sharper image. Now...If the gunsmith would just hurry up!

I think the only difference between these two scopes is the PST has the illuminated reticle, weight is 1 oz more, and cost is about $100 more.

Think it just depends if you want the illuminated reticle or not. I have the PST and have used the illuminated reticle just a few times. It is nice to have though when you loose the contrast of the reticle on a dark background.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.