Need new scope for 25-06 under $300. pentax? others?

Which Redfield did you get and what didn't you like about it? Your talking about something, just nobody knows what it is you are talking about.

The 4-12 Revolution. Its not clear at all...seems very dim looking thru it ( compared to the other brands and models I have). Purchased from E-bay but it was only $10 less than the Nikon I recently bought and isnt half the scope the Nikon is.

The rest of my 6 are higher end Leupold or Zeiss scopes and while I dont expect it to be as bright as the MUCHO higher $$ scopes...it should be nicer within its same cost level

I compared my Redfield Revolution 4-12 to a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14 and didn't see much of a difference in the glass. Nothing that made me think one stood out over the other as being better for clarity. The Nikon's eye relief and eyebox left a lot to be desired though, it was like looking through a pipe while the redfield was like looking through a window.

I compared my Redfield Revolution 4-12 to a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14 and didn't see much of a difference in the glass. Nothing that made me think one stood out over the other as being better for clarity. The Nikon's eye relief and eyebox left a lot to be desired though, it was like looking through a pipe while the redfield was like looking through a window.

I see MUCH difference in those two scopes...BOTH of which I own. I made no comparisons PRIOR to buying the Redfield ( I relied on a past experience of many years ago) nor on the Nikon of which Im familiar with their camera optics.

If I had to do it over again and still wanted to stay in the cheaper scopes...Id have bought 2 of the Nikons! The Redfield also DOES NOT HAVE side focus which I truly appreciate

I think the Burris Fullfield II is one of the best options in that price range. There was a 4.5-14 in the classifieds for $250 the other day. If I ever need a quick scope for a new rifle it has always been a 4.5-14 or 6.6-20 Fullfield II. For the money they're awful hard to beat.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.