Scope for a big bore rifle

Warhawk

I finally have one of my long sought after rifles, a .375 H&H. I picked up a Remington 700 Classic in .375 H&H. This isn't a heavy rifle for the caliber and I want to make sure I use a scope that has enough eye relief.

I can't remember which scopes have a little extra eye relief? I know the Burris 4x compact does, but it's probably too short to work on this action. I'm looking for a fixed 2.5 to 4x, or a low powered variable.

Thanks

D.P.

Warhawk
The 2.5-8 Leupold works well on mine. Low mounts are nice. The 8x comes in handy on longer shots. Boat load of eye relief on 2x.

Dr. John

I have a custom built 458 win mag. I put a leupold varx-II 2-7x. never, never get hit in the head. this scope has just about the longest eye relief I could find, and the power and scope size is just right for this type of rifle.

ewallace

I would recommend a Swarovski 1.25-4x24 Professional Hunter with #24 Battue dangerous game reticle.
Crow Mag

[ 11-13-2004: Message edited by: crow mag ]

Ian M

Check the 1.5-6 Nikon Monarch Gold - you can get it with a heavy duplex or the Nikoplex standard duplex. This is one sharp, bright, fast scope. I know it stands up to a much lighter .375 H&H than your Rem. You should have good mounts for a kicking rifle also.
The other guys have suggested excellent scopes, no sweat to get a good low powered variable these days.

Warhawk

I'm still looking. Will probably wind up using a Leupold of some sort.

I'm also planning to use Leupold mounts. Most likely the QRW or PRW mounts, possibly the dual dovetail type.

Trending threads