Scope for a big bore rifle

Warhawk

I finally have one of my long sought after rifles, a .375 H&H. I picked up a Remington 700 Classic in .375 H&H. This isn't a heavy rifle for the caliber and I want to make sure I use a scope that has enough eye relief.

I can't remember which scopes have a little extra eye relief? I know the Burris 4x compact does, but it's probably too short to work on this action. I'm looking for a fixed 2.5 to 4x, or a low powered variable.

Thanks

Warhawk
The 2.5-8 Leupold works well on mine. Low mounts are nice. The 8x comes in handy on longer shots. Boat load of eye relief on 2x.

I have a custom built 458 win mag. I put a leupold varx-II 2-7x. never, never get hit in the head. this scope has just about the longest eye relief I could find, and the power and scope size is just right for this type of rifle.

I would recommend a Swarovski 1.25-4x24 Professional Hunter with #24 Battue dangerous game reticle.
Crow Mag

[ 11-13-2004: Message edited by: crow mag ]

Check the 1.5-6 Nikon Monarch Gold - you can get it with a heavy duplex or the Nikoplex standard duplex. This is one sharp, bright, fast scope. I know it stands up to a much lighter .375 H&H than your Rem. You should have good mounts for a kicking rifle also.
The other guys have suggested excellent scopes, no sweat to get a good low powered variable these days.

I'm still looking. Will probably wind up using a Leupold of some sort.

I'm also planning to use Leupold mounts. Most likely the QRW or PRW mounts, possibly the dual dovetail type.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts