Scope for a 22 magnum

Most 22mags are fairly short & light. They look best with short & light scopes.

I put a 3x9 Compact Leupold on mine and am very happy. The cartridge peaks out at 125-150yds depending on accuracy and quarry. The 3x9 has more then enough magnification for such use.

I have a Burris 3X9 on a Ruger 10-22. It is good enough for hunting and shooting paper out to 100yds. It is on see through mounts and that is a real pain. I need to change the mounts back to something more reasonable.

NO - And I doubt that a "ballistic plex" would be of much use on a 22mag either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

By the way,what kind of longrange hunting are you planning on doing with this rifle anyway? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
NO - And I doubt that a "ballistic plex" would be of much use on a 22mag either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

By the way,what kind of long range hunting are you planning on doing with this rifle anyway? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My question wasn't about the ballistic Plex, but weather it is worth it to go to a 50mm objective or just stay with a 40mm , then is it worth it to go for the "Signature Select" or if the Fullfield II is good enough for this caliber and power? I guess I didn't fraise it good earlier.
As for the use,well just for fun, target practice, plus hunting for rabbit, ptarmigan, Geese, Fox.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I considered that scope for my 22mag also. I decided against it because it was bigger/heavier than the Leupold and I didn't think I would use the extra magnification. But that was a judgement call, it may be just right for your rifle.

The 12x will make it slightly easier to shoot at the range. Somehow you never have too much magnification at the range. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck - VH

Varmint Hunter
Your right about the weight. Almost double that of the Leopold, but don't think it will bother any after using my 30-06 with an IOR on it. Just got to find a good place $$ to purchase it now.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.