Scope confusion! Little help

shooters

Have a 300 Ultra. Wanting to put a scope on with magnification from anywhere to 4-30 power or close to, 24 would be fine and with the biggest tube and objective I can. Must be MOA. Anything from about $1500 and under. Can't decide between Vortex Razor, Sightron Siii SS, Burris XTR, Nightforce SHV, Bushnell Elite Tactical, and a few others. I have no way of seeing optical quality or getting hands on. Would like to have a zero stop but prob not possible at this price range. Would like to shoot out to a 1000 yards. Have owned the Sightron Siii SS before on a previous Ultra Mag and really liked it. Can someone maybe point me in a direction from experience or recommend me another option? Been going over this and worried about making a $$$$$ mistake. Thanks

I have seen about a dozen Nightforce ATACR 5x25x56 scopes for sale for $1800.00 used. That is a really good deal . It is the best scope for the money in my opinion. Gary

My friend has an XTR and loves it.
I like the SIIIs for what it's worth in that price range.
Now the real answer is just save up about $800 more and buy an ATACR and get exactly what you need that fit's what you said. gun)

Well I don't really plan on using hash marks since I prefer dialing turrets so I think I would probably stick with second. Although first wouldn't be a deal breaker

XTR II is FFP. I have a SWFA 5-20x50 FFP HD and Burris Veracity 4-20x50 FFP and I too prefer to dial. They are excellent scopes for the money.

I have a SHV and really that scope should cost more. It works great for my 300 win mag. May be upgrading others to that soon. I to can't afford to put high end on everything.

I have a SHV and really that scope should cost more. It works great for my 300 win mag. May be upgrading others to that soon. I to can't afford to put high end on everything.

I considered the SHV but there were two out at our shop that had to be sent in to Nightforce due to not tracking and one the crosshairs went kitty wompus. Should have taken a pic of it. I'm a little Leary of the SHV

Have a 300 Ultra. Wanting to put a scope on with magnification from anywhere to 4-30 power or close to, 24 would be fine and with the biggest tube and objective I can. Must be MOA. Anything from about $1500 and under. Can't decide between Vortex Razor, Sightron Siii SS, Burris XTR, Nightforce SHV, Bushnell Elite Tactical, and a few others. I have no way of seeing optical quality or getting hands on. Would like to have a zero stop but prob not possible at this price range. Would like to shoot out to a 1000 yards. Have owned the Sightron Siii SS before on a previous Ultra Mag and really liked it. Can someone maybe point me in a direction from experience or recommend me another option? Been going over this and worried about making a $$$$$ mistake. Thanks
Leupold VX6 1-24x52 would be my choice. The vortex are appealing but 3 out of 5 I bought would not zero or hold zero and had to be sent back to the factory. All but one were bought new too which made it worse.

If I had to get rid of all but one scope of all those I own and replace them with just one, that would be it.

The SHV is a really good scope in it's price range as well.

I've got several of the NF SHVs and I'm very pleased with their performance. I've not had a single issue with any of them. I've got plans get a few more as soon as my funds allow.

You can find a used NXS 5.5-22x on here of snipers hide that is in your price range.

You can find a used NXS 5.5-22x on here of snipers hide that is in your price range.

+1, I think this would be you best option. I have two NXS that I've bought off this site for less than your budget, a 5.5-22 and an 8-32. The one SHV I have handled did not impress me at all turret wise (I crank turrets too), felt cheap. I played with a VX-6 3-18 as well and thought it was decent (though I'm not exactly a Leupold fan).

Check with EuroOptics. I got a NXS 5.5-22x56 ($1760) and SHV 5-20x50 ($1000). I thought both were good deals and I have had no problems with either scope. I really like the zero stop option. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts