Scheel's reloading scale

I had the Scheele brand of charge master scale. It was $250. I thought I would save some money buying their brand vs RCBS. The thing was junk. 1 in 10 dispenses or so would be right. After a few reloading sessions it went back for the RCBS and couldn't be happier. That was a year ago. A few weeks ago they were still selling the same model I returned. And to top it off the power cord was broke open when I opened the box. Had to make another trip back for another cord. That is a product I would pass on of you couldn't return it. Mine was maybe a lemon.

I had a Scheels "chargemaster" too....for 2 hours. Then it went back. It was extremely inaccurate. It wasn't even close to the charge that was entered. I ended up buying another RCBS chargemaster. 2 chargemasters makes loading those big cases a breeze.

Right now there is only 2 I have experience with and will probably only use. The RCBS charge master and the hornady lock and load auto charge dispencer. These both worked good but I personally have the green and it works all the time. I had only one problem and it was the power supply adapter over heater and the plastic cracked on the casing. Not sure why. The unit itself was never effected. I just bought a radio shack adapter that made the output requirements and never looked back. Still running fine. 3 years old and I like to shoot.

Send the machine back to RCBS when you have a slow time in reloading. They will fix it for free and send it back to you. You pay shipping one way, they pay shipping to get it back to you. We have had to replace a motor in one of my case prep stations and a screen on a digital scale. Free of charge for both fixes.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts