• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SCAM ALERT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubba0681

Pretty obvious but wanted to let you know my experience with him. Joined today and replied to my wtb ad with a "contact so and so, he has one". There seems to be more and more of this going on as we get closer to the holidays. Just be aware. Ask for a phone number, more pictures or whatever you have to do to settle your nerve in the transaction. I know some guys get squirmy when asked for a phone number but it looks like that's what it's going to take for some of the less known people to buy, sell or trade. I've let a few good deals get by my being cautious but I felt better saving my money for the next one to come up than getting ripped in the end.Good luck and stay safe!
My experience from today..
4787F504-3F1E-49DF-ACF7-EE3204845391.png

I got the same thing this morning in response to an ad I posted yesterday...

D20B6F93-E760-402B-A334-FAAF58F80C1F.png

We have a very good and honest bunch of members on this site, but there will always be a few that are not honest and you have to look at the history of everyone (Unfortunately) before we inter into a deal. I recommend looking up the number of post, and the content. If there are only sales post I avoid them but if there are good technical post and comments, I feel much safer.

If the seller has several hundred post and a few sales post then you have a chance. Don't let a few bad people make you suspect of all, just be careful and selective and also start slowly (Less expensive) to build a trust with the seller.

It is nice to be able to send money and have the seller send the item before he receives the payment. :) and know both will take care of business.

J E CUSTOM

We have a very good and honest bunch of members on this site, but there will always be a few that are not honest and you have to look at the history of everyone (Unfortunately) before we inter into a deal. I recommend looking up the number of post, and the content. If there are only sales post I avoid them but if there are good technical post and comments, I feel much safer.

If the seller has several hundred post and a few sales post then you have a chance. Don't let a few bad people make you suspect of all, just be careful and selective and also start slowly (Less expensive) to build a trust with the seller.

It is nice to be able to send money and have the seller send the item before he receives the payment. :) and know both will take care of business.

J E CUSTOM
Still need buyer/seller posting FOR EACH OTHER,how transaction went..I'm doing better at now; I was a slacker toooo start..It take a few extra minutes to post...Thanks didn't mean tooo highjack..J E Custom you have added lots to this site...Thanks again.

I've found stuff on here and other sites for my buddies but I always communicate with the seller informing him that my buddy will be in contact. It's thru several PM's so the seller is fully informed and can research me as well. I just recently did it with a huskemaw scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.