SCAM alert POWDERS VALLEY

Alibiiv

Just caught a scam site using Powder Valley's web page. The site looks cloned Powder Valley's web page "only it is "POWDERS VALLEY" and...everything is in stock and at great prices. Hope this saves some people from getting scammed.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 116
It's been there awhile now
My son just ran across it. He was amazed about how the website was cloned. The reason he caught it was because everything was in stock and at great prices! Then he realized the "S" at the end of Powder. He buys from Powder Valley quite regularly. I wish that we could get another section on the forum titled "Scammers". If I find one I'll post it. I put one up a few years ago and I still get people telling me that the wished that they had checked the forum first.

There are many thousands of scams out there, no way you could possibly find and list them all, and no way anyone could sort through it all. The best defense is advice from your mother- if it sounds too good to be true...
Your advice is spot on. But every little bit helps. And if we had a list. And if someone could install a search engine within the list would it not make it easier ? I am by no means computer competent. But it seems to me, this is how most websites are setup. If it helps one person I think it would be worth it. I'm am curious as to why the NSA & other intel agencies have not shut them down. Is this not stealing ? DISINFORMATION at best. It's a crazy world we live in.

Just caught a scam site using Powder Valley's web page. The site looks cloned Powder Valley's web page "only it is "POWDERS VALLEY" and...everything is in stock and at great prices. Hope this saves some people from getting scammed.

Thank You very much for the heads-up! I hope that very few are taken by these scammer!

I hate this type of crime worse than a face to face encounter. The penalties for "white collar" crimes should be swift…..and very "terminal"! 🤬 memtb

Your advice is spot on. But every little bit helps. And if we had a list. And if someone could install a search engine within the list would it not make it easier ? I am by no means computer competent. But it seems to me, this is how most websites are setup. If it helps one person I think it would be worth it. I'm am curious as to why the NSA & other intel agencies have not shut them down. Is this not stealing ? DISINFORMATION at best. It's a crazy world we live in.
I don't think any government agency is going to do much to shut down these small time overseas based scammers.
The company my wife works for had their email hacked last June. The scammers changed the banking info on some wire transfers to the tune of $150,000. When the FBI came for the investigation, the agent said there were over 30 such cases he was investigating so far that year in our town of 30,000 people. Most of the scammers are based in places like China- where they can operate without any threat of prosecution.
Anyone that is buying 16 pounds of R26, H1000, & N570 along with a few bricks of CCI 250's and Fed 215's and paying in crypto really isn't going to be scrolling through a list of scammers.

It's very very very easy to spot scammers. PAYMENT methods. They require you to pay with a form of payment that you cant file a claim or refute.

paypal f&f only
zelle
cash app
venmo
money orders

if they only take these run.