SB PMII 3-20x50 Scope Zero Help MTC Turrets

JW74

Good evening,

I took my new rifle and scope to the range today and got everything zeroed at 100 yards. I want to set the zero stop on my SB PMII 3-20x50 with MTC turrets but am a little confused on how.

I have read that I only loosen 2 of the 3 turret screws. My confusion is that on both the windage and elevation turret all three of the screws are hex screws. There isn't 2 of one and 1 of the other??? How do I know which to to looses in order to slip the turrets to zero?

Thanks for any info as I don't want to adjust anything until I know which two to adjust first.

Last edited:
Since late last night I have been reading a lot of post and watching videos on setting the turrets to zero once I have sighted in my rifle at 100 yards. The confusion I am having is that on some of the S&B PMII scopes each turret has 2 hex screws and 1 slotted screw. This makes it easy to correctly loosen only the 2 hex screws and not touch the slotted screw. On my scope I have 3 hex screws and no slotted screw. One of the hex screws isn't plugged like some have mentioned either. Is there any other way to tell which 2 of the 3 hex screws I need to loosen? For example do the 2 screws sit above particular numbers on the turret ect?

Thanks again for any help.

Good evening,

I took my new rifle and scope to the range today and got everything zeroed at 100 yards. I want to set the zero stop on my SB PMII 3-20x50 with MTC turrets but am a little confused on how.

I have read that I only loosen 2 of the 3 turret screws. My confusion is that on both the windage and elevation turret all three of the screws are hex screws. There isn't 2 of one and 1 of the other??? How do I know which to to looses in order to slip the turrets to zero?

Thanks for any info as I don't want to adjust anything until I know which two to adjust first.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.