Saw 10 coyotes, called in 5 coyotes and Killed 4 coyotes!!!

Sendero_Man

Good morning here in Wyoming...

Might not sell my 243 Ackley after all....

shots at 109 yards, 214, 286 and 338...

All males....

and saw lots of Antelope babies... twins and singles

May_31_08_Coyotes.JPG

Well, you had me all excited there for a minute. I thought (and was hoping) maybe you got into a mess of wolves! Looks like you got to have some fun anyway. I'm glad it stopped raining! Cinch

OH, MY, GOSH! gun)

Gotta get an envy Smilie to use when Sendero_Man posts...

Did you ever get your trail ride photo printed big?

Last edited:
thanks Len...

I could use that envy smile for some of the guys posts I read too...

Gotta get one of those.

No, I didn't. The guy I had lined up wanted a lot more money to use "photographic" ink in his printer... LOL

Avery nice result the best to press for us calling is eight fox's on the lamp should have been ten but cant get em all,we must have spoted upto 20 that night,obviously not long range shots for safety reasons

Scott, what bullet are you using. My new AR-15 will be in 6mm WSSM. Probably 95 grain Berger.

I know you shoot quite a few coyotes in a year. Out of a 100 killed, how many are shot at ranges over 400 yards?

Len,

In the 243AI, I am using the 115 DTAC moly. It has a 1 in 8 twist and my new one coming from George will have a 1 in 7.75 twist. I am waiting on the new 111 DTAC with the polymer tip to come out. I am thinking of that or the 105 AMAX for my new build.

What twist is your AR ?

I think out of 100 coyotes shot, perhaps 35 would exceed the 400 yard mark. It varies so much here in Wyoming. The wind being the biggest factor.

The 2 farthest kills this year on coyotes are 608 yards and 732 yards. Both ranged with the Leica 1200 CRF.

let me know when your coming out and we will make plans.

Scott.

PS. I have a disk ready to send you

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.