SAVEGE 116FSAK

I just got mine 2 days ago, as soon as my scope base comes in I will let you know how good it works

[ 07-19-2003: Message edited by: fmsniper ]

Marlow,I had one with the "on""off" brake in a 300 Ultra.The brake worked very well.Even with it turned off it did'nt seem to kick as bad as my sendero in 300 ultra...

Range, today, break worked great, rifles accuracy was better than expected, recoil was simular to 200 grn. 30-06

300 RUM @ 300 Meters

47b3d938b3127cce8b62cfdf665a0000001610

[ 07-19-2003: Message edited by: fmsniper ]

I have 116 with adjustable brake, very efficient. This rifle shot sub min. right out of the box.I'm going to treat it to more barrels.(poor man's stolle)A friend of mine also got one when I purchased mine and his shoots sub min. and with very little felt recoil!!

My Savage in 7mm mag Rem> came with the on/off brake. I worked up some loads and compared the on/off function. Brake operating (on) was a trip. Much less recoil. Lots more noise. Got rid of the cobwebs and spiders in my shack. Brake Non-operational, Lots less noise...recoil ok..as expected. What I did notice was significant. Brake on..rifle shot 1.125 inch. Brake off, 1 inch or a bit less. Sooo...I cut the thing off and recrowned it. Now I have a 22 inch barrel (I did before, just had an extension tube on it!) that will regularly shoot into .75 inch and depending on me will do better frequently. Sent it off and had the flutes deepened and now it balances like a fine shotgun. I hate to admit it, but this piece of plastic and gas pipe thinks it is a REAL rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts