Savage ultralite replacement stock??

Bell and Carlson. I have a m40 style on mine. Absolutely love the fit and finish and shoots great with it. Rifle is a 6.5 PRC. It is a lil heavier but not enough to matter to me so I don't notice the weight.

Attachments

• 9DB44F99-25AA-448A-8F0D-F76B43C4CC61.jpeg
    9DB44F99-25AA-448A-8F0D-F76B43C4CC61.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,991
They also make a sporter style for DBM and it can easily be opened up to for the proof barrel. I've done this on a rifle I had a head biter barrel on and it looked and fit fine. Most importantly it shot well. Just need a 1" dowel and some sand paper out of you have a pencil grinder and some small flapper wheels it can be done in a hurry. Aftermarket support for the bottom bolt release rifles is lacking. Savage should've kept the top bolt release as standard in my opinion.

Wondering why you guys are switching stocks? My .270 UL shoots **** near same hole with that flimsy unbedded tupperware! You guys seeing performance benefits from switching?

basically there are NO good options for a light savage stock replacement in a drop-in. Its sad but hopefully some companies will start to offer some options. Please inform me if I'm wrong. When I say light I mean something lighter than the 3-4lb range like B&C or HS Precision(I have both) something like a sub 30oz option ....anyone?
James

I switched to get something more rigid, and it feels better. Gun shot good before hand. Weight don't bother me, coming from toting a Rem Sendero in 7mag. This set up is still so much lighter even with the added weight of the B&C stock.

basically there are NO good options for a light savage stock replacement in a drop-in. Its sad but hopefully some companies will start to offer some options. Please inform me if I'm wrong. When I say light I mean something lighter than the 3-4lb range like B&C or HS Precision(I have both) something like a sub 30oz option ....anyone?
James
The Manners EH-4 I bought has a mini chassis (can drop in if desired) and weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 lbs. It is very hard to tell the difference in weight between the factory stock and the Manners when just picking them up, but I have not weighed each so I don't know the real difference. Manners website lists the EH-4 at 24 to 26 oz. plus the weight of the mini chassis.

Attachments

• savage2.jpg
    savage2.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 3,516
  • savage1.jpg
    savage1.jpg
    673.6 KB · Views: 2,767
The Manners EH-4 I bought has a mini chassis (can drop in if desired) and weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 lbs. It is very hard to tell the difference in weight between the factory stock and the Manners when just picking them up, but I have not weighed each so I don't know the real difference. Manners website lists the EH-4 at 24 to 26 oz. plus the weight of the mini chassis.
Can you tell me what model stock (so I can order) and what bottom metal you are using. I want to buy a savage ultralite and upgrade the stock. I believe that is a different bottom metal then it comes with. I would truly appreciate your input.

Recent Posts