Savage SA 1 Piece base

elktaker

Does any know if the 4.40" and 4.27" savage short actions have the same spacing for a 1 piece scope base? (its a flat rear)

I have a 4.27" and am trying to switch to a 1 pc. Also if anyone has any recommendation of one to get. I prefer steel weaver style and plan to put on Leupold steel rings. 10 MOA would be ideal if anyone makes one. (could do 20 MOA but gets really close to maxing out my M1 turrets with a 200 yd zero) .

thanks

It is flat and I am sure it is 4.27" because I have it in a XLR elment and it lines up with the shorter bolt spacing choice. It is also a large shank (wsm), not sure if that would cause it to be flat.

Thanks.

I did go to the source but did not distinguish if for 4.27"/4.40" and just wanted to make sure before I ordered.

Ordered it with leupy rings and some new base screws. Now just got to debate if I want to have TMR reticle put in my V II of stay with my LR Duplex.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.