Savage Pressure Test Ammo?

I got a chance to go to the range today and test the "Savage Test Ammo" on my new Garmin Xero C1 chronograph. I was surprised at the result. I was shooting my Ruger Precision 22 LR which has a 16" barrel. Instead of going through a long explanation, I'm going to just post a screenshot from my phone. I will say one thing, it grouped better at 100 yard than any of the four "Match" ammos that I tried.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240215_195253_ShotView.jpg
    Screenshot_20240215_195253_ShotView.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20240215_195305_ShotView.jpg
    Screenshot_20240215_195305_ShotView.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I got a chance to go to the range today and test the "Savage Test Ammo" on my new Garmin Xero C1 chronograph. I was surprised at the result. I was shooting my Ruger Precision 22 LR which has a 16" barrel. Instead of going through a long explanation, I'm going to just post a screenshot from my phone. I will say one thing, it grouped better at 100 yard than any of the four "Match" ammos that I tried.
Oh, and by the way, I'm going back to the LGS and buy any of these that they have left. :)

Holy smokes. Kinda makes a person questioning what they need a .22wmr for haha

Also I'm curious now about this browning stuff I got. Seems to be more or less the same idea. I'll have to chrono it someday if I get time, will be out an 18 inch ruger 10/22 carbine.
Yeah, and it's kind of funny that all three brands of HV ammo all list 1435 fps for the speed.
I also noticed that the $18 Lapua ammo has the same headstamp as the $6 S*K ammo.

I work at Federal, that's a big mistake for CCI those are not supposed to be shot for general use those are for maximum load testing on new guns. Don't shoot them. They use them for testing only
That actually makes sense.
Proof loads are designed to be fired once or twice in a barrel, not used as regular fodder. You wouldn't know that from some of the loads I have seen published right on this forum, guys loading so heavy they are actually shooting 100,000 PSI proof loads as their regular ammo.