Ken Farrel + 20 MOA mount
Warne Medium 30mm Rings

Scope: Vortex HS-T 6X14

Reloads:

Hornady 285gr HPBT

89gr Reloader 25 2832FPS

V/R
M.Bird

Looks like a nice setup. I can't see good enough to go with 14X, I'd had to have at least 20X, LOL. Been hearing lots of good about the Vortex scopes. I keep looking at the Savage wesbite and drooling! Take a look at my 112BVSS in .300WinMag. I've had this going on 10 yrs now;
That's a Millett LRS A-TACS 6-25X56 setting on it. It's my first Mil-Dot scope and so far I like it. Tracks wonderful and drops match my ballistic app so far. Only been to 700yds so far but gonna take it to a 1000yds soon. Keep us up to date with your boomer, if you don't mind. Thanks. JohnnyK.

Attachments

• 20150628_010353_resized.jpg
    20150628_010353_resized.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 218
Good looking Rig. you will have no problem reaching the 1K.

Is that the standard muzzle break on it?
V/R
M.Bird

Yeah, not worried about 1K, took it there while living in Georgia but had a Nikon BuckMaster 6-18X40 setting on it then, and shooting 180gn NBT's. My goal is 1 mile, this year. I've got the space but the wind there is real world and I'm not quiet there yet. Soon, hopefully.
Feenix was correct. It is a clamp on from Witt Machine Company. Good people to work with, good product that is very effective. I have read some negative comments on here about clamp-on's (not to be confused with strap-on's) but believe me, this thing works! Shooting full house 210gn Berger loads feel about like 168 or 175gn pills in the .308Win. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.