Savage model 110 in a .338 Lupa Mag

No sir--those are just 300 Remington Ultra Mag brass resized to fit a .338 dia bullet, which is essentially what a .338 Edge is, a 338 based off of a 300RUM case. You cannot shoot a .300 out of your 338, the bullet would rattle and bounce down the barrel.

Its probably a safe practice to load only 338 Lapua into your 338 Lapua. It's good you asked before trying it though.

Thank You for the information.... I was a bit confused due to another thread, and the fact that in a search for .300 win mag on cabela's site there was a 110ba along with the 338.... On the same page???? I really wanted the 300 win mag, but they made it worth my time to take the 338. Dropped the price by a couple of hundred bucks.

Anyway, thanks again for the replies ( a 300mag rattling down my barrel doesn't sound like something I'd like to even be on the range, let alone pulling the trigger)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.