Savage model 10 Predator

Rem700

Does anyone have the Savage Model 10 Predator rifle? What do you think of it? I was thinking of getting one 260 to try out a 6.5mm. Would anyone know what muzzle diameter it is and is it threaded? I'm also thinking about getting a suppressor later on. gun)

I have the model10 predator in a .260. It is an awesome rifle! This year I killed an antelope at 934 yards, one shot, DRT. I'm loading a 140 Amax at 2800fps. The rifle has very little recoil, is a 1/2 moa shooter and goes beyond the 1000 yard mark. I love the rifle. It isn't threaded and I'm not sure off hand what the diameter is.

i have one and have it for sale right now. Great rifle just building something new. Already have it threaded 5/8x24 6.5x284 PM me if your interested.

Thanks for the replies, i haven't been able to look at one in person or get a good look at one online so it's why i was asking about the muzzle diameter, but it seemed like a great gun to work with. I might get one after i get done with my 6br i'm "remodeling" with a new, lighter and shorter x-caliber barrel and new hs precision stock and new optics (which i can't make mind up about, lol).

Mine is 0.742 at the muzzle, 22" in .243 Win. It shoots everything well.
I have racked up a pile of game with it and all my friends want to buy as most of them have used it to take animals at ranges beyond what they were comfortable with their rifles. Great gun !

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.