Savage Impulse Rifle questions

Bang4theBuck

I am looking at a Savage impulse rifle and trying to figure out a couple of things:

1. Does anyone know if the all of the impulse rifles are built on the same length action. I am looking at a 300 WSM, and I would be much more attracted to it, if it were built on a medium to long action so to develop loads with Heavies.
2. Does anyone know if there are any barrel replacements available for the Impulse yet? I know that the rifle has an innovative barrel extension on it and curious if swapping barrels is a possibility.
3. Does anyone have one that can speak to the quality/accuracy/general happiness with the rifle?

That's funny, I just posted about my Impulse in this thread minutes ago.
1. Sorry, I don't know that.
2. I know the Predator line uses standard small shank Savage barrels, so you could swap barrels that way. I don't believe they've made the barrel extensions available yet, which is unfortunate. I feel like they're missing out by not promoting the switch-barrel potential of this rifle.
3. Yes, I'm generally happy with it. It's not as surgically accurate as some of my other rifles, but I've really only tried one bullet so far (58 vmax). It's about 3/4 to 1 MOA with that.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, If you have a predator, and assuming you are shooting something in a 6mm based on your bullet choice, can you send a picture of your magazine and/or measure how much mag space there is, considering any mag spacers that would likely be removed for a longer cartridge.