Savage Accustock

Jim Matson

I'm trying to decide what model Savage to purchase, which will mostly be used for long range targets. Some models have the Accustock feature and others don't. It appears to be a good feature, so my question is: Is this feature so great that I should only buy a savage model that has this feature?

the accustock has some great features that gunwerks uses to make their rifles alot more accurate.. I have owned alot of savage rifles. I have seen all the long range hunters do very very well at extended ranges right out of the box!! not many companys have 1/2 shooters right out of the box!! just my 2 cents

kasey

They produce it in two forms. One had a wedge, the other,only the bedding block, no wedge. I have both and they work very well. both my rifles are sub MOA.

the LRH series all have full bedding block and the recoil lug wedge.. which is what gunwerks uses for their rifle stocks aswell

Don't be surprised if your Accustock on the LRH comes without a wedge. Mine did, but stll shoots sb .5MOA. Fore end stock contact with the barrel may have to be relieved with a little sanding as well.

Jim,
I have two Savages and both are laminated. One is a .300WinMag 112BVSS, no mods other than a Rifle Basix trigger. The other is a 6.5-284, marked Model 12 but is a long action. It also started life in the BVSS configuration, but now sets bedded in a VLP stock. Both rifles have shot sub half-MOA groups out to 700yds. JohnnyK.

My model 116 accustock does not have the wedge either. Regardless the fit and finish of this rifle is actually quite good and it shoots well.

I had rotten groups out of the box with my 111, but after relieving the barrel channel & sinking two 8" sections of carbon arrow shaft next to the bedding block (1 on each side drilled into the very front of the forend) & filling the forend with epoxy it gives me 1/4" groups.

The AccuStock also gives you a stiffer forend compared to their regular synthetic stock, especially useful when shooting with a bipod.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts