Accustock vs Non-accustock

ewoelk

I've researched this some on the internet and have seen mixed reviews. Here is my dilemna:

I'm looking at two guns right now. A Savage 11 FCNS and a savage 11 Trophy Hunter XP.

The FCNS has an accustock and the Trophy Hunter does not. The Trophy Hunter also comes with a cheap Nikon scope. The FCNS is around $600-650 and the Trophy Hunter is around $550-$570.

Should I get the FCNS with the accustock? Or should I go with the Trophy Hunter, sell the stock and scope, and use that money for a good stock?

Dont be scared of an Accustock. I have 5 and just ordered a
16 fcss.
I have nothing against bedding a quality stock, in fact I enjoy it.
However, I think you will be money ahead by getting the FCNS.

I have two Accustocks. One in 300 WSM and another in 6.5 Creedmoor. Both of these shoot better than 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. Great stock and no need to bed, replace or modify in my opinion.

I have one Accustock on a Bear Hunter. It shoots great. I was thinking of taking that piece of foam out of the stock and filling it with the junk in a can but then again, its shooting great so why bother. I might bed the recoil lug on it this winter though. No doubt these Savages can shoot!

Trust me, selling the junk stock is no easy quick feat. The scope may sell quickly but you would get just as much (probably more) for the accustock than the junk stock and scope combined.

Do you want to shuffle parts or do you want to shoot? The choice is yours.

I've researched this some on the internet and have seen mixed reviews. Here is my dilemna:

I'm looking at two guns right now. A Savage 11 FCNS and a savage 11 Trophy Hunter XP.

The FCNS has an accustock and the Trophy Hunter does not. The Trophy Hunter also comes with a cheap Nikon scope. The FCNS is around $600-650 and the Trophy Hunter is around $550-$570.

Should I get the FCNS with the accustock? Or should I go with the Trophy Hunter, sell the stock and scope, and use that money for a good stock?

I agree with the guys about accustock.

I purchased a Savage 10 FCNS in .300 WSM for $370 >>> GunBroker.com Message Forums - Got my 1st shortmag ever ...

The prize >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/300-wsms-first-kill-161761/

Go for the Accustock. They work! The non Accustock Savage stocks are crap and replacement stocks for the Savages can be tricky to find the right fit due to so many variations and limited aftermarket offerings.

If you do want to upgrade your Savage Stock I was on the McMillon site a few days ago and it looks like they can make most of their stocks fit Savages now. Im not really interested as like I said I really like my Accustock but it does seem like there are really good options out there now.

I have owned 1 Accustock, 2 without. I since have sold 1 without the Accustock and turned the other into a semi custom long distance rig. My Accustock in 270wsm shoots lights out. I bought it because the deal was to good to pass up. Im consistently 3/4 to 1/2" all day with Nosler trophy grade 140gr Accubonds. It shoots almost as good as my semi custom. If you like the weight, and balance of the rifle and wanna leave it in stock form, go for the Accustock you will not be disappointed. (I use mine for hunts with a lot of foot travel). If plans are too customize go with out. I love Savage rifles. There are a lot of options for them now. I have my Accustock for my light carrying rifle and turned my Model 16FLSS into my long range dream rifle. If plan on using any kind od bipod the non Accustock will not help you at all as it is way to flimsy.

1461014_10151657748321901_19500870_n.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.