How do I mount a picitinny bipod to a Savage Accustock

leadistasty

My new Savage 10FCP-SR is on the way and I'd like to get a Atlas Precision Bipod for it. The 10FCP-SR has pre-drilled sling studs at the front of the stock and the atlas uses the rail system for attaching. I want to go with this model since I hope to get an AR in the near future, and would like to be able to swap the bipod over depending on which gun I'm using. I believe the following part Accu-Shot 1913 Rail is what I need to get to make the attachment, but having called atlas and swfa, neither could confirm if this would work on the accustock, not to mention the product is labeled for use with a monopod. Can anyone confirm if this is the correct product to use, comment on any other parts I need, or tell me I'm wrong and advise me on what I need to mount this bipod. Thanks!

If your stock has the pre-drilled sling studs as you mentioned, then you need the Atlas BT-17 rail, which milled for different stud measurements center to center. Basically adjustable for different stocks that employ the same two front studs, just different spacing from stock to stock.

If your stock has the pre-drilled sling studs as you mentioned, then you need the Atlas BT-17 rail, which milled for different stud measurements center to center. Basically adjustable for different stocks that employ the same two front studs, just different spacing from stock to stock.

Cool, thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.